My previous post showed how much of a mess my ruby and gem setup was. It might be a good idea to clean it up, but for now, I've found a temporary solution.
Create a new environment using RVM.
Here are the commands I used to install everything...this is more for reference because this isn't the first time I've done it.
I spent the better part of my day trying to make some things work in bash, and learned some neat tricks, but I'll leave that for another time.
Since I've started using Ruby for some things, like this blog, I decided to try and make use of Rake to automate some of my tasks.
I was trying to camelcase a string when fellow pyjama coder Neil Lalonde, of FitLogg fame notified me that there was a gem that could handle that.
I was trying to figure out how I wanted to setup this blog. My requirements were:
Fast - I want the pages to load as quickly as possible.
Minimal setup - no need for an entire stack of tools to write text.
Easy - to publish content.